Wendy Keller is an award-winning former journalist, a respected literary agent, an author, speaker and acclaimed book marketing consultant. She got her first job as a newspaper reporter as a 16-year-old college freshman. Since then, Wendy worked for PR Newswire; the Knight-Ridder newspaper chain; as managing editor of Dateline magazine; and as associate publisher of Los Angeles then-second-largest Spanish-language weekly, La Gaceta. She founded what is now Keller Media, Inc. as ForthWrite Literary Agency in 1989.
She has sold an astonishing 1,500 rights deals worldwide, including 17 New York Times best-sellers and 9 international best sellers.
Wendy was 26 when her own first book was published. Today, she is the author of 31 published books under 9 pseudonyms and 11 self-published books.
Her next book, “The Ultimate Guide to Platform Building,” will be published by Entrepreneur Press in Fall 2016.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Why Wendy started her own agency and how she was able to grow it quickly
- The physically and emotionally devastating experience Wendy experienced early in her career
- Creating a business that lets you live your life on your own terms
- How Wendy helps entrepreneurs as a literary agent (it’s not just selling books!)
- Some of the big mistakes entrepreneurs make
- The things Wendy wishes she would have done earlier
- Why you need to delegate whatever you can
- The best hiring strategy
- Wendy’s strategies for recognizing great employees
- How Tony Robbins changed Wendy’s life
- Why it’s so important to do what you say you’re going to do when you say you’re going to do it
- Wendy’s list of five things that have to get done every day
- How to set clear expectations of others
- Making life as systematized as possible
- Growing your personal platform
Ways to contact Wendy:
- To contact Wendy: www.kellermedia.com/contact-us
- To pitch a book: www.kellermedia.com/query
- Speaking information: www.kellermedia.com/webinars
- Personal website: wendykeller.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/WendyKellerCompassionPage