Vera Fischer began her career in residential real estate, working her way up from Leasing Agent to Property Manager. She segued to Operations Manager for the first privately held Cognitive Rehabilitation clinic in Austin, Texas. In 1993, Vera launched her career at GSD&M, an internationally known advertising agency. After various positions within several Austin area agencies, Vera went client-side to Forgent Networks. There she managed and implemented a multi-million dollar marketing budget for several years.
In 2004, Vera founded her agency, 97 Degrees West known as The Brand Marketing Agency. Since 2004, the agency has survived both recessions and shown significant growth since 2012. Clients include: LS Tractor USA, United Heritage Credit Union, FirstCare Health Plans and several area small businesses in real estate, oil & gas and speciality medical practices. 97 Degrees West has been the recipient of 15 international creative and marketing awards including a Stevie Award from the American Business Association.
Vera is a member of the University Area Rotary Club, a member of the Advisory Board for the School of Journalism and Mass Communication at Texas State University, a Mentor at Capital Factory and most recently, was accepted to the Masters program at Texas State University in Strategic Communications.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Why Vera decided to start 97 Degrees West
- How hiring a coach helped Vera stop making the same mistakes over and over
- Understanding what you can and can’t do and hiring employees to offset your strengths
- What Vera focuses on herself
- How Vera has combated the challenges of unpredictable revenue
- Why Vera has removed herself from 97 Degrees West hiring process
- The qualities “A Players” at 97 Degrees West share
- How Vera is able to retain employees
- Things Vera does to develop her own skills
- What Vera does to stay focused
- Vera’s calendar scheduling tactics that keep her organized
- Vera’s upcoming podcast launch
Ways to contact Vera: