It’s Steven’s job to set and execute GoDaddy’s vision of providing elegant, end-to-end technology solutions for their more than 14.5 million small business customers. He also heads up the Online Bookkeeping and WorkSpace teams.
Steven brings over a decade of experience from Intuit, where he built solutions to help small businesses use the Web to grow and run their stores. He also has small business experience as the founder of a Web company that simplified shopping for insurance. Steven earned an M.B.A. from Stanford and a B.A. in physics from the University of North Carolina.
After hours, Steven serves as President of the Board of the Bay Area Glass Institute, a non-profit glass studio, and enjoys spending time with his wife Allison and their son, Jackson, at many sports and arts events.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Steven’s background
- Why you need a sense of urgency so that you solve problems today
- Why you need to constantly ask yourself what your objective is
- Why you need metrics to measure success by
- What you need to think about when considering having someone acquire your company
- Why you need to start from the customer’s point of view
- Why you need to bring your whole self to work
- Why Steven left Posit Science when he decided that he wasn’t the right fit for CEO of that company
- Why — when you start a firm — it’s not about you
- Why you need to spend your time in the right way
- Questions that you need to ask your team members to further their career
- Why you need to define why people would work for you
- How to eliminate biases in your hiring process
- How GoDaddy is tilting the world’s economy towards small business
- What GoDaddy’s “A Players” look like
- Why you must stay current with your industry and with yourself
Ways to contact Steven:
- Website: www.godaddy.com
- Careers: www.godaddy.com/careers
- Twitter: @spaldrich