Nathan Hirsch is a 28-year-old serial entrepreneur who is an expert in hiring online and building eCommerce businesses. He co-founded his first eCommerce company out of his dorm room in 2009 drop shipping products on Amazon.com and built it to sell over $25 million worth of product over 5 years. While scaling, Nathan discovered the power of outsourcing and ended up building a remote army of freelancers.
In 2015, Nathan co-founded and became the CEO of FreeeUp, an online hiring marketplace that allows business owners fast access to a hand-picked network of top talent freelancers in eCommerce, digital marketing, web development, and much more who have already been vetted for skill, attitude, and communication. FreeeUp interviews hundreds of freelancers each week and only allows the top 1% of applicants into the network. The company has been growing at rapid paces (500%+ YoY) and has quickly become a top destination to hire online for over 3,000 businesses around the world.
Nathan has built his personal brand to be synonymous with online hiring and entrepreneurship through 75+ guest appearances on top podcasts: Entrepreneur on Fire with John Lee Dumas, Eventual Millionaire, and handfuls more. Nathan has also become a regular speaker at industry conferences where he teaches other business owners how to hire freelancers and gain back more time in their growing businesses.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- The story of how Nathan ran a multi-million dollar business out of his college dorm room
- Accepting the risk and making smart decisions when hiring
- How to learn from hiring mistakes so you do better next time
- Being clear with your team on what is expected
- Why there’s nothing in your business that you can’t hire for
- Figuring out what you should delegate off your plate (and when to do it)
- Focusing on attitude and communication when hiring an employee or contractor
- Why Nathan uses the same process for hiring FreeeUp freelancers as he does hiring people to his team
- The Client Expectations Document: how to use this to onboard new employees
- The importance of consistency as a leader
- Using meetings to keep people on the same page
- Why you need to diversify your business
Ways to contact Nathan:
- Website: FreeeUp.com