Determination and resilience have served Maureen in her many accomplishments. As a member of the US Cycling Team, she won a National Championship, set a national record, earned a silver and 2 bronze medals at National Championships, competed in 3 World Championships and won a silver medal at the 1990 World Championships.
Maureen’s cycling career came to an abrupt halt at the sudden onset of Multiple Sclerosis. She turned her determination and focus to a new journey, exploring ways to integrate her Mind, Body, and Spirit in order to create optimal health and peace of mind. This inquiry led her to gain knowledge and understanding from a variety of fields, including mind-body sciences, behavioral sciences, faith based traditions, psychology, meditation, life coaching, and systems theory. The application of her learnings led her to a deeper understanding that THRIVING originates from the specific choices we make when facing uncertain and challenging times.
After completion of a Master’s Degree in Integrated Wellness, Maureen established her private practice and return to her much-loved sport of cycling.
Maureen is a well-respected speaker, counselor, educator, and consultant. She currently delivers motivational presentations around the country, leads workshops, teaches classes, designs wellness programs and consults with organizations who wish to empower both their workforce and clients.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Overcoming tremendous obstacles to achieve great success
- How to succeed even when the odds are against you
- Pushing yourself to reach the highest levels
- Becoming a world-class cyclist through grit and determination
- Manifesting your success through willpower
- Avoiding a fixed mindset by developing adaptability
- Developing competency as a means of thriving under pressure
- Thriving under pressure instead of being a victim of it
- The realities of working as a cohesive team at a very high level
Ways to contact Maureen: