Involved in the financial planning profession since 1979, Lynn Evans was the first person in Northeast Pennsylvania to earn the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation. She is a graduate of Cedar Crest College, Allentown, PA and has over three decades of experience in financial planning. She is the founder and president of Northeastern Financial Consultants, Inc., a fee-only financial life planning firm in Clarks Summit, PA.
Named by the Governor of PA as one of the Top 50 Best Women in Business, Lynn maintains memberships in the Financial Planning Association, the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors, and is one of the founders of the Northeast PA Chapter of the National Association of Women Business Owners.
Lynn is a Founder and former Board Member of the Women’s Resource Center, Inc., a domestic violence shelter, a member of the President’s Advisory Board of Keystone College, and served as a volunteer with the United Way of Lackawanna and Luzerne Counties.
Lynn is also the author of a recently published book, Power of the Purse, Fear-Free Finances for Baby Boomer Women, available on amazon.com, and is the host of Power of the Purse Podcast, on iTunes, Stitcher, and Google Play.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Lynn’s background
- Why listening more than you speak is a great tool for leadership
- Leaving a legacy behind you
- The story of how Lynn recovered from a cease and desist order and got the law changed to be more relevant for financial planning
- Why you need to treat all of your employees fairly
- The challenge (especially for women entrepreneurs) for needing to set boundaries but wanting your employees to like you
- Why you need self-directed employees
- Focusing on the things that are most important and doing what furthers the progress of your business
- Why Lynn doesn’t function doing the same things in the same order every single day
- Lynn’s podcast Power of the Purse
Ways to contact Lynn:
- Podcast: www.powerofthepursepodcast.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Personal Website: lynnsevans.com
- New Business for Financial Planning: womenofsubstancellc.com
- Book: “Power of the Purse: Fear-Free Finances for Baby Boomer Women”