Lee Caraher is the CEO of Double Forte PR & Digital Marketing; an acclaimed communication strategist, she’s known for her practical solutions to big problems. Her company works with some of the top consumer and technology brands in the country.
Lee’s the author of “Millennials & Management” based on her experience with failing and then succeeding at retaining Millennials. Her next book, “The Boomerang Principle,” will be published in April 2017.
Lee has a reputation for building cohesive, high producing teams who have fun together at the same time. She is a straight talker who doesn’t hold too many punches, although she does her best to be pleasant about it. Her big laugh and sense of humor have gotten her out of a lot of trouble.
Lee is active in the community and currently serves on three nonprofit boards. A graduate of Carleton College with a degree in Medieval History, which she finds useful every day, Lee lives in the San Francisco Bay Area with her husband, two sons, and a blind cat.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Lee’s background and journey
- What Lee and Double Forte did to survive the market crash
- How that crash forced Double Forte to become exceptional at customer service
- Why they changed their model from only hiring people with 10 years of experience to hiring people straight out of college and what their balance of employees under/over 30 looks like today
- How Lee’s experiences failing and then succeeding at retaining Millennials led to her publishing “Millennials & Management”
- Why you have to have millennials in your business if you want to have a future
- Why you need to work at creating an environment where your millennials will thrive
- Creating a culture where employees are appreciated
- Why you need to explain to millennials why they need to do things
- What “A Players” look like to Lee
- How Lee finds her “A Players” and what Double Forte does to use them effectively
- Running an alumni program
- What Double Forte’s interview process looks like
Ways to contact Lee: