Lee Caraher is the CEO of Double Forte PR & Digital Marketing; an acclaimed communication strategist, she’s known for her practical solutions to big problems. Her company works with some of the top consumer and technology brands in the country. Lees the author of Millennials & Management based on her experience with failing and then succeeding at retaining Millennials. Her next book, The Boomerang Principle will be published in April 2017.
Lee has a reputation for building cohesive, high producing teams who have fun together at the same time. She is a straight talker who doesn’t hold too many punches, although she does her best to be pleasant about it. Her big laugh and sense of humor have gotten her out of a lot of trouble.
Lee is active in the community and currently serves on three nonprofit boards. A graduate of Carleton College with a degree in Medieval History, which she finds useful every day, Lee lives in the San Francisco Bay Area with her husband, two sons, and a blind cat.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Lee’s career journey and how she came to found Double Forte
- Double Forte’s four metrics for business
- What Lee learned when she decided to hire millennials for the first time and all six of them left
- Lee’s book “Millennials & Management: The Essential Guide to Making it Work at Work”
- Why you need a strong personal brand
- Lee’s new book “The Boomerang Principle: Inspire Lifetime Loyalty from Your Employees”
- Why you can’t feel like employees that leave your business are dead to you
- How “alumni” employees can bring back enormous benefits to your business
- Why leaving is sometimes the most loyal thing an employee can do
- Finding the words that people of different generations have different definitions for and peeling them back until you find pain points that arise
- How to communicate to millennials that they’ve dropped the ball
- The impact of showing your team that they’re appreciated
- Why your first customers are your employees
Ways to contact Lee:
- Website: leecaraher.com
- Twitter: @leecaraher
- New Book: “The Boomerang Principle: Inspire Lifetime Loyalty from Your Employees”