Kevin Chadwick is a Principal with FSi Consulting Engineers, and has been with the firm since 2005.
FSi Consulting Engineers provides HVAC, plumbing, and fire protection engineering for a wide range of buildings, as well as process systems for specialized industrial functions. FSi’s projects have been recognized by professional organizations, government agencies, and industries, for design excellence and for elegant solutions to complex problems. Their award winning projects range from airplane hangars to chocolate factories, to civic buildings.
Kevin is a licensed mechanical engineer and LEED Accredited Professional with more than 13 years of experience. Kevin has led FSi’s team on the firm’s largest contracts, with construction costs up to $185M, and prime contracts as large as $15M. Beyond the technical side of things, Kevin is part of the leadership team at FSI and a big contributor to the amazing culture they have.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Kevin’s story and how he ended up at FSi
- Why caring about people is the best thing you can do as a leader — and what that looks like at FSi
- What Kevin has learned from Larry Ransom, a business coach that FSi works with
- Why people you work with need to buy into who you are and what you do
- The benefits of being very intentional
- Choosing who you’re going to be as a leader
- The challenges of finding the right experienced people
- FSi’s culture and why they focus on vision, value, and purpose
- FSi’s recruiting process
- What “A Players” look like to Kevin — and why they absolutely need to be coachable
- The challenges of integrating 3D design into the construction world and other challenges that face the industry in the coming
- Why you will have very little turnover if you hire people that fit your culture
Ways to contact Kevin: