Judy Robinett has led both public and private companies as CEO and served in management positions at Fortune 500 companies.
She is on the advisory boards of Illuminate VC, Pereg VC, and Springboard Enterprises. Judy previously served as a managing director of Golden Seeds Angel Network and as a member of the faculty of Goldman Sachs’ 10,000 Small Business Program.
Judy’s book, “How to Be a Power Connector: the 5+50+150 Rule,” was named the #1 business book of 2014 by Inc. She has been profiled in Entrepreneur, Vogue, Fast Company, Forbes, CBS, Huffington Post, and Bloomberg Businessweek.
Judy also has a program called Crack the Funding Code for helping entrepreneurs obtain investor funding for their early-stage businesses and startups.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Judy’s background
- What she learned when she ran out of money
- Why you need to vet people before working with them
- Utilizing people in your network
- The reasons startup fail
- Fighting your own worst enemy: you
- Why you can’t do it all by yourself
- How to outsource when you don’t have a lot of resources
- Understanding your blind spots
- Creating a safe place for your team and understanding what motivates them
- How to get the right team for each stage of your business
- Strategies Judy uses to lead herself
- Judy’s Crack the Funding Code program
Ways to contact Judy: