George Wright has over thirty years’ experience as a management consultant and is the founder and President of WrightOne Consulting. He specializes in psychological assessment analysis, organizational assessment as well as leadership and team development. He has experience helping clients with selection, executive development, performance management, strategy formulation, change management, and organizational development.
George is a graduate of the University of Massachusetts at Amherst with a Bachelor’s in Psychology & Sociology. He also has a Masters Degree from Radford University in Industrial/Organizational Psychology and Economics. Additionally, he has studied Technology Management at the New Jersey Institute of Technology.
He is an Adjunct Instructor in Industrial & Organizational Psychology, Social Psychology, and Positive Psychology at Bloomfield College in Bloomfield, NJ. He has also served on the faculty of the NJ Judicial College, lecturing on Cognitive Bias.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- George’s background
- Why listening is the most important skill for leaders — and why you need to listen with more than just your ears
- George’s two most influential mentors
- Learning from your mistakes and looking for three lessons to learn from a mistake
- Combating fear and giving yourself permission to try something
- Why it’s so important to take care of yourself, especially as a leader
- What emotional intelligence is and why it’s so important in the workplace
- Why you need to get people to prove that they belong on your team
- The fundamental characteristics that make up “A Players”
- Building a plan that will help someone become successful inside your organization
- How to prevent employees from leaving your company
- How to lead from the top and challenge mediocrity
- Why you shouldn’t fall in love with a candidate and ignore
Ways to contact George:
- Website: www.wrightoneconsulting.com
- Phone: (973) 419-0870
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/georgefwright
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/WrightOneConsulting
- Twitter: @GwrightOne