Drew McLellan is a 25-year marketing veteran who helps clients create authentic love affairs with their customers. In 1995, Drew started his own agency — McLellan Marketing Group that he still actively runs today. He also helps other agency owners learn how to take their business to the next level through the consultancy — Agency Management Institute.
Drew is also one of the world’s top marketing and branding bloggers, according to AdAge’s Top 150 index. He’s written the book 99.3 Random Acts of Marketing and co-edited the Age of Conversation series of books.
Drew often appears in publications like Entrepreneur Magazine, New York Times, Washington Post, Agency Post, AdAge, CNN, BusinessWeek, and many others. The Wall Street Journal calls him “one of 10 bloggers every entrepreneur should read.”
Drew also hosts the brilliant Build a Better Agency Podcast.
He also speaks at leading agency conferences and is often cited in agency centric content for his expertise in the industry.
When he’s not hanging out with clients or agency owners and their staff, Drew spends time with his daughter and cheering for the Dodgers.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- The best practices you need to take your business to the next level
- Failing forward by learning from past mistakes with business partners
- What Drew means when he says he’s an “accidental entrepreneur”
- Why you need to help your people grow even if it is away from you
- The simple truth behind thinking like a child to foster creativity
- How scaling your business also means scaling your recruitment
- Having a relationship-focused approach to business and management
- Why one-on-one meetings are vital to retaining and developing your people
Ways to contact Drew: