Dave Sanderson is an inspirational survivor, speaker, and author. His thoughts on leadership have made him an internationally sought out speaker. When US Airways Flight 1549 (or “The Miracle on the Hudson”) ditched into the Hudson on January 15, 2009, Dave knew he was exactly where he was supposed to be.
The last passenger off the back of the plane on that fateful day, he was largely responsible for the well-being and safety of others, risking his own life in the frigid water to help other passengers off the plane. Despite the hazards to himself, Sanderson thought only of helping others and emerged from the wreckage with a mission to encourage to do the right thing.
Today he travels the globe sharing his inspirational and motivational leadership messages to help people make a difference in how they do business and live their lives.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Why you’re never too good to do anything when your name’s on the building
- How Dave ended up as the Director of Security for Tony Robbins while working in sales and trying to improve through Tony’s seminars
- Leading yourself: why it’s just as if not more important than leading your business
- Dave’s incredible story of surviving “The Miracle on the Hudson”
- What caused Dave’s mind to flip from trying to get off the plane as quick as possible to doing whatever he could to help everyone else on the plane first
- Knowing your strengths and weaknesses and taking a step back when someone else is better equipped to take charge of a situation
- The power of having a positive mindset and asking yourself the right questions
- Why you have to see things exactly as they are — no better or no less
- Focusing on the outcomes, not the actions
- Sticking to your values no matter what in life in business
- Dave’s overcoming adversity in challenging times video
- Dave Sanderson Declassified: Dave’s new partnership with Amazon Echo
Ways to contact Dave:
- Website: davesandersonspeaks.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/davesandersonspeaks
- Twitter: @DaveSanderson2
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/davesandersonspeaks
- Text Brace4Impact to 797979 to receive the first video of Dave’s video series
- Dave’s Ted Talk
- Book: “Moments Matter”