Bill Troy is an Inc. 500 CEO and a natural-born contrarian who, for 25 years, has helped global brands like Sony, Disney and Nestle see the world from a different perspective.
As CEO of Civilis Marketing, Bill and his team help companies initiate and nurture REALationships™ that drive business growth using today’s digital communication tools without resorting to the high-pressure, high-volume automated techniques sold by online marketing pitchmen.
Bill’s crusade these days is to rid the world of the garbage that floods all of our inboxes garbage sent by businesses who have followed the advice of online marketing pitchmen and help business owners avoid or escape the CLICKSAND trap before it’s too late.
In CLICKSAND, Bill Troy compares giant firms like HubSpot, Google, and LinkedIn as well as local agencies and consultants in towns big and small to snake-oil pitchmen of the 1800s.
Bill details the unscrupulous techniques that online marketing pitchmen use to convince business owners, the societal factors that are unnaturally magnifying their success and how businesses who are caught in the trap can escape and get back to what really works.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Asking the right questions about your marketing strategies
- Building relationship processes that create customer bases
- Thinking about the future and working toward it by acting now
- How to decide for yourself what a relationship is for your business
- What you need in order to make email marketing people want to read
- Avoiding the common pitfalls of online marketing
- What to be careful about when crafting your marketing strategy
- The questions you need to ask yourself when marketing your company
- Understanding the life of the person who will buy from you
Ways to contact Bill: