Amy Norman knew in the 4th grade that she would become a dentist. She began dental assisting at the age of 16 and worked her way through college as an assistant in various dental specialties. Dr. Norman has worked in the dentistry field for 31 years. Amy received early acceptance to dental school at the University of Washington and was dubbed Doogie Howser by her team. Later, she studied and taught at the prestigious Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies with an emphasis on Cosmetic and Neuromuscular Dentistry.
Over the last 18 years, Dr. Norman’s office has come to be known for excellence in complex cases including worn-down teeth, headache and migraine patients, multiple missing teeth, and bite problems. She also provides cutting-edge services such as non-extraction orthodontics and Fountain of Youth Dentures. Her office is also known for its amazing, highly-skilled and healthy team with virtually no turnover.
Dr. Norman is attracted to Dentistry because of its unique nature combining art and science while routinely changing lives. The rush of giving someone a new smile or relieving a lifetime of pain from TMJ, headaches or migraines, is magical and addicting. She is one of the lucky ones because her hobby is her job.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- How to set up the environment in your workplace to maximize productivity
- Why customer experience is the number 1 differentiator in business today
- The importance of being proactive and not reactive in every aspect of your business
- What you can do to be more flexible and retain more employees
- How to balance the personality types in your business to ensure synergy
- The simple trick for keeping employees longer and pushing them to be better
- What airline pilots have to teach us about running our businesses
- Why being an early riser gives you more time for yourself
Ways to contact Amy: